When planning any website development, it is vital to consider your website’s primary objectives. These objectives should reflect your overall business goals, so it is important to consider where and how your website can assist you to reach these overall objectives.
Your website should focus on the needs of your clients rather than emphasising the products and services you provide.
- Do you intend to increase sales to existing customers?
- Do you intend to attract new customers?
- Do you intend to sell on-line?
A website gives your company the opportunity to engage and develop innovative ways to interact with your clients.
Begin to think about who your website will be targeting. There may be several different types of customers.
- Do any of your user groups take priority?
- Should your website be tailored to suit these groups, or to suit all?
- What will your website visitors want to achieve from your site?
Your visitors will no doubt visit your site to perform a specific task, and whilst planning your website these tasks need to be identified so they can be implemented into your website to satisfy your visitors.
Once establishing your visitors needs, you can then begin to consider page content, and other services that your website will include.